. People in Southern China
eat this in the summer
because it cools down the body
. Also, recommended in Chinese medicine
for its effects in countering "body heat
". I don't know what that means, but they do make you feel better in a very hot
summer day. I like a bit of vinegar
added on top as well.
- Cut the cucumber into 4 parts lengthwise then into 1-2 inch pieces
- Put salt into cucumber and mix, leave it for 30 minutes
- Take the flesh off the plums, soften with hot water, keep the plum juice
- Drain the water off the cucumber.
- Add the juice, sugar, garlic salt and pour some sesame oil on top. Serve cold and crispy.