Remake of Ocean's 11

Director: Steven Soderbergh

Cast:

George Clooney: Danny Ocean
Brad Pitt: Rusty Ryan
Julia Roberts:Tess Ocean
Matt Damon: Linus Caldwell
Andy Garcia: Terry Benedict
Don Cheadle: Basher Tarr
Carl Reiner: Saul Bloom
Elliott Gould: Reuben Tishkoff
Scott Caan: Turk Malloy
Bernie Mac: Frankie Cattone
Casey Affleck: Virgil Malloy
Shaobo Qin Yen: Mu-Shuu
Edward Jemison: Livingston Dell

Plot

The leading character is Danny Ocean who has only recently come out of prison, with intent however to rob 3 casinos in Las Vegas, the casinos are all owned by one man, Benedict and so there is one vault which contains all the money ($150 million). To do this he needs 10 other criminals, each trained in one type of expertise. We soon find that ex-wife, Tess has hooked up with Benedict so reasons for Ocean robbing these casinos become apparent. So the plot unfurls.

Review

Firstly I would like to say this film is as slick as they come, the whole setting, characters and plot roll into one. This film's main focus is to try and look cool and try to recreate the feel of the original rat-pack. This original rat-pack film was a film people saw so that they could see, Sinatra, Martin and Davis jr. This one however detracts from the stars a little and focuses on the plot. I thought Clooney, Pitt an Garcia were good but I thought Damon and Roberts fell a little short not really giving us something we have come to expect of them. The film gave me a feeling of satisfaction with the style and pinache which was included with the heist. A thoroughly enjoyable film which I consider to be better than the original.