Rhapsody in Screwed :: Part ...IX?
06.07.01

holy shit. i am sooo tired. i fell down like a moron and slept about 12hrs on tuesday, and then i failed to sleep last night, which is a shame, because i kept fading out during class and missing the signora's excellent sense of humour. it is also a shame because i didn't get home last night and i am wearing the same linen suit and cashmere turtleneck that was so perfect last night, but is now an overheated deathtrap. oh, well. that's what i get.

International Bright Young Thing

so last night was good. i went out for chinese food and tomfoolery with the adorable young creature from my class, and followed it with a couple hours watching niall not wanting to be at werk, and some jumping on the waterbed and playing with the cats. so, i figure i'll tell the boy who wanted his computer tomorrow: "well you see, i had a hot date, and then i had a hot date, and then i had to go to class..." well, it's funny from where my sleep deprived mind is looking at it...

"hey, i'll pretend to be his girlfriend for the night if he's offering sushi!"

so i don't get to sleep tonight either, really...i get out of werk, go home and take a shower, and go out for sushi with niall and his (*gulp*) family. i shudder to be exposed to anyone's family. and then i get to change *again* and go out to the club. that'll keep me busy until say 01:00 or 02:00, and then i get to hope that niall is entertaining enough to keep me awake a little bit longer before i fall down and die. then, friday, i have to get up before noon so that i can try to throw this machine together and get software, etc. on it before 19:00. eeurgh. wow. that looks even nastier written out than it does in my head. at least i have tomorrow off.

"the other night, dear / as i was sleeping / i dreamed i held you in my arms..."

on the so-bright-it's-blinding side of things, i got mail from jerrett. he's about as ridiculous as i am snarky, which is a great sign. to quote: "i feel totally absurd, and totally happy to be absurd." i'm still a curmudgeonly old bastard, and getting worse by the day, but the absurdity content of my life keeps going up...everything is getting dali-esque around the edges, as i remember that i'm my own person. i can be who i want to be and do the things i see fit to do, and i don't have to give a rat's ass what anyone else thinks; i live alone for a *reason*. i'd almost forgotten...but back to the point, the mail that goes *crunch*. apparently, brass balls exploit #1 went off without a hitch, except that it took him almost a day to recognise the phone number...i snicker mercilessly. "not gonna make it to the club next week," he writes, "reenactment of three-mile island in my heart." "three-mile island in your heart," i reply, "but my mind goes the way of the bikini atoll when i remember your lips..." call it what you want, i'm not going to say it. recalling a line in an obscure song: "i love the way your atomic lust detonates my mind".

more news as it happens; you hear it first!