Rhapsody in Screwed :: Part VIII
(Balls of Steel!)
06.05.01 :: 14:17

"she came on like a storm from the blind side of a memory..."

ok, i did some incredibly stupid shit last night. the first of my two brass balls exploits began like this: you see, i have this friend, and his housemate hates the idea of me. she can't hate me, she doesn't know me (and i'd like to keep it that way), but i don't think she likes the thought that i exist. so, i tried to call said friend last night, and he was not home but she was. so i pulled several great sentences out of my ass, and left a message. "yes," i said, "i'm calling from groundLine industries, regarding some equipment of ours he's interested in." (not entirely untrue, i was, and he is, but the two are not related.) i left my phone number as an office number, and a name he would recognise, but she wouldn't, and i did the whole thing in a light irish accent. all very clean and very proffessional.

"do not to be freezing the lizard, thank you!"

the second brass ball was earned by walking three miles through a not so great neighbourhood to the convenience store where niall works. unfortunately, several *other* friends of ours showed up during the night, and they now expect the worst. especially my older brother. i was sitting on a wicker stool by the counter, telling stories of my former roommate, who used to kick bums, when in walks my older brother... "what are you doing here?" he asks, looking horrified and surprised. i point at niall: "what does it look like i'm doing here?" and niall looks smug and says, "i have friends too, you know." and my brother just keeps staring at me, and says, "no you don't." and then niall and i looked smugly at each other, and my brother looked nauseous, bought smokes, and left. i think that was the best one.

"questi ne porta il foco inver' la luna..."

so i decided to read a bit of a love poem in front of the class today, as our professor was looking for volunteers, and i have a reasonable voice, when i haven't been eating green chile hashbrowns. unfortunately, between the green chile and the thick portuguese accent i get after listening to that professor for an hour, i'm sure i sounded atrocious. however, i was good enough to gain the attention of a boy who turns out to be a friend of a friend. very short guy with feet smaller than mine. i'm tempted to introduce him to niall and resurrect the portable curmudgeons' society. the original collection was a small group of small cynics i used to go to school with. we dropped the 'portable' when we accepted a member who was 6'3".

so after this fascinating boy had induced me to be late for werk, i got in and checked my mail, and i found...a letter from jerrett!! /me does a happy dance!! at last! confirmation that i am not being ignored, or worse, not heard from!

well, i guess i'll go revel in my mail and my ice water now.