Rammstein is a German band that is listened to world-wide. It consists of Till Lindemann (vocals), Richard Z. Kruspe (guitars), Cristoph Doom Schneider (drums), Oliver Reidel (bass), Paul Landers (guitars), and Christian "Flake" Lorenz (keyboard/synths).

The band was actually started by Richard, who lived in the German town of Schwerin with Oliver and Cristoph. Till was originally a basket weaver, and after hearing Till sing, Richard recruited him to the band. They all knew Paul Landers who joined the band after he heard of what they were doing. By this time, they needed someone to add some effects to the music on the keyboard. They decided to recruit Christian Lorenz, who was previously in a band with Paul (Feeling B). He was at first relucant about joining, because he thought "It sounded a bit boring". However, eventually they convinced him. Since the release of their first album, Herzeleid, they have reached gold and platinum status and have become Germany's number one music export. One hit wonder, indeed.

As with all talented and popular bands with a "heavy" musical inclination, Rammstein was accused of being associated with nazis, violence, and other ridiculous things. An example of the latter is the accusation that they were responsible for Columbine, which is ludicrous beyond description. Especially when one considers Columbine happened in America, and they only sing in German. However, that's for another node.

Rammstein is now more popular then ever with the release of their amazing most recent album, "Reise, Reise". The new album has great vocals, new instruments (accordion, string instruments, etc.), and some wonderfully composed songs. Personally though, I still think Live Aus Berlin is their best work as of yet. It just has that powerful, raw, "Rammstein" sound.

If you like Rammstein, you might want to try listening to bands such as Korn, Orgy, Marilyn Manson, or Megaherz.