I have a group project due in my Economics class tomorrow. There's 2 other people in the group, one of which had "work" this afternoon, leaving only me and the other person, Audie.

We decided that she'd pick me up and we'd go get a friend of hers, then go to Jim's (a restaraunt) and get the project done.

It turns out that Audie had never been to her friends' place before, so she hands me her cell phone and tells me to take down the directions that the girl is giving. I soon realize after the second or third, "Umm, did I say take a left at Judson? I meant take a right at the second street.", that the girl didn't know quite what she was doing. I got one street name (Bitter Creek) as the street she lived on, and the rest was relative location and turns.

We get to the neighborhood, and it turns out that it's full of dead-ends and badly named streets. We take every left and right according to the directions, and end up at a "Fox Creek". There's a "Silver Creek", a "Flowing Creek", hell, there's even a "Lost Creek", but to our disappointment and growing unrest, no Bitter Creek in sight. We start asking the neighborhood locals if they know where a Bitter Creek is, and nobody seems to have a clue. We circle around a few more minutes, then as a last ditch effort ask a woman who is mowing her lawn where Bitter Creek is. She walks to her car and pulls out a map (Genius!), and we find that Bitter Creek is nowhere near where the girl had said it would be. Well, to make this story short, we only got lost one more time (getting out of that god-awful neighborhood) and finally made it to the girl's house.

By this time it was about 5:20, and I had called my boyfriend to meet us up at the restaraunt at 5:00. We got there and he was waiting out front. The four of us walk inside and grab the large corner booth of the smoking section (only one smoker among us). The waitress comes and the unanimous order is water all around.

We start to work on the project as I'm throwing out ideas and figuring out how to illustrate and write the thing out (By the by, the subject was taxes). We used two menus to do our measuring when it came to mapping out a graph (as nobody had a ruler or a decent straight edge). It went something like this, "Does your menu come up to Jim's Bar-b-que Burger or the Classic BLT?" "Ok, yeah, draw the line right past the dessert menu. After the chocolate shakes." The waitress looked at us like we were crazy.

After four more hours of writing, trashing, coloring, and utter scrutiny, we put together a decent project worthy of a decent reception. The only problem that I have with all of this, is that we're putting somebody's name on there that had nothing to do with it. Freeloaders, such is life I suppose. But I am glad for the day and the interesting events it brought me.