The revolution was not televised. It was live streaming video, from an industry leader in content delivery, partnering with IBM to provide a turnkey streaming video solution. It was brought to you by Pepsi One and MTV. AT&T Broadband Customer Care Specialists put down their headsets and threw tickertape from the windows. CEOs, CFOs, and CTOs alike embraced and wept.

They began changing the names of cities - stadiums weren't enough anymore. IBM Bay. Phillip-Morris Francisco. Appletino. Mount Wal-Mart. Intel hired a naming firm to come up with new names for its holdings, since none of them could be copyrighted. Boston became "HistoriCity"™. New York City was officially renamed simply "NYC™". Texas was changed to Xas™. Marketing felt it would appeal to 20-somethings. McDonalds bought all of the Midwest, seceded from the union, and declared themselves "The McNation".

e-Business replaced normal business. e-commerce replaced commerce. consumption replaced leisure. To play golf, you first had to have the right equipment - a set of Nike AirGolf golf cleats, titanium/plutonium/graphite composite clubs, and so on. To work enough to afford all the right equipment logically excluded the possibility of actually USING the stuff you had spent all your hard-earned dollars on. Besides, who had time? Everyone was busy saving money for MORE and BETTER and FASTER.

The revolution was over, and the corporations had won a victory so complete that the consumers actually thought THEY were the ones winning the whole time.