This is one of the easiest meals to make, and not only is it tasty, but full of vitamins and minerals in the form of loads of fresh vegetables - yum.

INGREDIENTS:

  • one each of red, green and yellow peppers, de-seeded and cut into thin strips.
  • 250g button mushrooms, wiped and sliced
  • 100g mangetout/snowpeas, rinsed
  • one large red onion, thinly sliced
  • one clove garlic, crushed/finely diced (or more, if you prefer)
  • one large carrot, peeled and cut into thin matchsticks
  • one large stalk of broccoli, separated into small florets
  • one large handful of cashew nuts
  • one small, (approx.150g) tin sweetcorn, drained
  • four tablespoons of soy sauce
  • two tablespoons of sesame seeds
  • one and a half tablespoons of whole cumin seeds.
  • salt and freshly-ground black pepper
  • three tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
  • half a large packet of dried egg noodles (approx 150g).

    HOW TO MAKE THEM TASTE GOOD:

    Place a large heavy-based wok over a medium heat. When the wok is hot, add the sesame and cumin seeds to the dry pan, shaking regularly, until they start popping, to release their natural oils & toast the seeds. Be careful not to let the seeds burn; this happens very quickly, so keep swishing them around the pan while you toast them, and take them off the heat as soon as they start popping. Add the oil and return the pan to the heat. Once the oil is hot, add the garlic and stir-fry for a few seconds. Add the onions, and cook until translucent. Add the carrots and broccoli to the pan and quickly stir-fry. Then add the mushrooms, peppers and mange-tout and stir-fry for approximately five minutes to take the rawness from the vegetables, but still retain some of the crunch. Add the sweetcorn and cashew nuts, and when all the vegetables are tossed together well, pour in the soy-sauce and continue to stir-fry for another minute or so.

    In a separate pan, cook the noodles in boiling water, according to the instructions on the packet. Drain the cooked noodles, then toss through the vegetables in the wok.

    Serve immediately. Serves four as a main meal.