So what do you do when you have insomnia? Read a book, pet your pet (or "pet" something else), watch television, node, or scramble around your apartment looking for cable tv connections?

Well, I don't know about you, but at about 5 a.m. this morning, I, unable to sleep despite the best efforts of The ABCs of Relativity] and FOX TV, discovered cable in my walls.

Soon after I had moved into my flat, I noticed two 75 ohm coaxial cables in my closet, each split into two pieces with a connector. They'd intrigued me before but I didn't want to chance messing with somebody else watching Sex and the City or Crocodile Hunter so I didn't touch them.

However, in the wee hours of the morning I have no such reservations.

I got out my 2-way splitter (you see, my tv has 2-tuner PIP) and quickly switched it into the first cable. I plugged it into my other, soundless tv and voila! Baywatch Nights came in, perfectly clear.

I was pleased, to say the least. And I'm not a Baywatch fan, either.

My next effort was finding the ultimate end of said cable. Wouldn't you know it, it terminated in a jack in my baseboard.

So I've got cable now. I don't know how long it will last, but I know I'm taping all the Kids in the Hall while I can.


Also, I logged onto e2 today just in time to see The easiest way to thwart an automatically flushing toilet fall off Cream of the Cool on the front page!

Alas! The day is mine.