Euthymol Toothpaste

Euthymol is quite an old-fashioned brand of toothpaste; as far as I know, it's only commonly available in Great Britain and Ireland. It's so old-fashioned, in fact, that the box it comes in advertises its contents as "A scientific dental preparation". It is still packaged in an aluminium tube, as opposed to the plastic tubes now used by the likes of Colgate.

I guess, design-wise, Euthymol's old-fashioned packaging is a virtue, as it stands out from the rest. To see the packaging, just type "euthymol" into google. They sell everything online nowadays, and toothpaste is no exception. It seems to be a favourite with British expats in particular.

The other main thing that makes Euthymol stand out is the paste itself. To quote the blurb I found on one online chemist:

"Euthymol Tothpaste has a special blend of antiseptic ingredients and essential flavour oils to help keep your teeth and gums clean and healthy. No other toothpaste has the unique strong taste of Euthymol."
The paste is an odd pink colour, and the taste... it tastes exactly like Root Beer. Which might sound odd to Americans, but from my perspective (I drank root beer for the first time ever yesterday, prompting this write-up) it's bloody weird to try a drink that tastes like toothpaste. See slim's w/u on root beer to see what I mean.

Along with the usual suspects (cellulose gum, sodium saccharin, sorbitol), Euthymol contains "essential" flavour oils (by which I assume they mean "essential" as in "essence", and not as in "necessary"), including clove oil, which make it a favourite of old people who try to force vile clove drops on their grandchildren as sweets.