It's been a nasty week for me, and not just for the reasons that my fellow Everythingians experienced with me.

This is, if everything goes according to Hoyle, my last year of undergraduate study. I was supposed to have gotten an internship this term, but the lab I was hoping to work at hasn't gotten back to me. I emailed my contact and received the message:

Your application has been circulated, but there has been no response yet.

That was it. That was the full text of her reply. Fat load of good that does me to know. I'm supposed to be emailing somebody else to see if I can get some strings pulled, but my professor has been three days lax about responding to my message with the email address of the person I'm supposed to talk to. He's a busy guy, but I'd feel better about things if I could get pro-active.

Anyway, the reason why this is so important is that I need one more Computer Science class to win my B.S. at the end of the year. One alternative that I considered was an independent study following up the OpenGL-based graphics course I took last year. Unfortunately, I can't take that this term because, as I said, the professor who understands the subject is busy this term. Now, it would be possible for me to shuffle some credits around and take the independent study in the spring, but that would make my spring _very_ tricky.

See, I'm already trying to take Statistics for math majors, JAVA programming, and act as preceptor for a philosophy/literature class where I can talk about postmodernity. Throwing an independent study on top of that could be a serious problem... Oh, and around this time I should theoretically be finishing my honors thesis as well.

My current idea is that maybe I should start expanding my knowledge of OpenGL now, while I have time, which would mean that I'd already have work done when spring comes and I'd actually be taking the class. I don't know if that's a good idea or not.

Anyway, so it would also seem that most of my friends ended up moving out of my dorm over the summer to accomidate the annual housing crisis that occurs when the school decides to once again accept a record number of students. Not that there are freshmen here, but people my age mostly got moved into the 21-and-over dorms. As a result, I seem to be living with sophmore jocks rather than senior English and CS majors. I have the joy of being located on the first floor right next to the front door, a blessing on moving day, but not so much on weekend nights when I can hear their inane drunken conversations and smell their cheap cherry-flavoured tabacco.

From what I've overheard from conversations on the stoop, these are the types of jocks who regularly try to get into the pants of highschool girls, which means that I have to put up with their bubbly complaints about how much it sucks that they have to get people to buy their beer and cheap cherry-flavoured tobacco for them. Needless to say this doesn't make late night coding any easier, let alone actual sleep.

Last night while I was gone, somebody smashed the glass on the candy machine. When I got back at 4 AM, the RA was filling out a damage report.

Gak.