My best friend is supposedly moving in less than a few months, to Mississippi, over 900 miles away. It seems unfair to me, because he's a part of me that's been there since I was a little kid. And when that part of me leaves, I've moved too. I'm split in half by this. I'm in love with him, and I know that this may be the last time I may ever see him again. He'll be moving, and then a year later, leave to Florida to go to college. No doubt about it, he'll meet up with his ex-girlfriend, and it's very likely they'll get back together and be married.

I fear myself knowing that this is the beginning of the rest of his life, and I won't be there to hug him when things go wrong. I won't be the girl in his arms telling him that she loves him. And that as his life goes on, whereas he'll be meeting new endeavors, seeing new people, I'll be left alone--crying over the loss of him.

He'll still call me from time to time, we'll talk online, he could posibly visit me one summer--but it won't be to see me exclusively, and I'll be waiting around for him for years to come. If he were a jerk, I'd kick myself in the face and try to get over it. But when you love your best friend of six years, who loves you and is the right one, and they have to leave you, what do you do?