The anime Serial Experiments Lain (or more commonly, just Lain) is full of references to Apple computers, as well as a few nods to BeOS and NeXT.

Exhibit 1: The Navi - This looks like it is based on the idea of a "knowledge navigator" proposed by John Sculley (former CEO of Apple). It would allow instant communication between people, and store vast amounts of information in a hypertext database. (No word yet on wheter Scully's machine would allow communications with the dead...) Some of his ideas for the knowledge navigator later ended up in the Apple Newton, which looks suspiciously like the hand-held Navi seen in the some of the classroom scenes.

Exhibit 2: Lain's first Navi - It's almost an exact replica of the Twentieth Anniversary Macintosh. The only visible difference is that Lain's Navi was red, while the TAM is grey.

Exhibit 3: Alice's iMac - Mizuki Alice has a computer that looks just like an iMac. Curved all-in-one styling, bondi blue side panels and everything, it looks just like a first generation iMac.

Exhibit 4: Copland OS - Copland is the OS that Lain's new Navi (and her father's, too) run. Copland was also the codename for Apple's next-generation OS.

Exhibit 4: "Layer n" - The voice that reads the name of each episode is called "whisper", and is part of Apple's text-to-speech package

Exhibit 5: References to NeXT and Be - The end of each episode includes the line "to Be continued..." "Be" is colored red and blue, just like the BeOS logo. Lain's father's navi looks like runs NeXT, you can tell by the icons and the look of the GUI elements. (well, it could also be linux with a good gtk theme, I suppose) The color scheme is reminiscant of IRIX or Sun CDE, too.

This used to be in it's own node, but was moved here at the request of dem "dammit jim, I'm a god, not a doctor" bones Sources: http://www.cjas.org/~leng/apple-lain.htm and my own interpretation of the series.