http://www.angelfire.com/ny5/jrminga/appleday.html

THEY THOUGHT IT COULDN'T BE DONE!

THEY THOUGHT IT SHOULDN'T BE DONE!

THEY KNEW WE WERE GONNA DO IT ANYWAY SO THEY DIDN'T TELL US!

CHANCEL and CHRIS-O
(with special guests jmc and ladysun)

present...

TWO STATES, FIVE SENSES
A MICHIGAN AND NEW YORK NODER GATHERING

(of doom)

WHO?
Chris-O and chancel with special guests jmc and LadySun. Weren't you paying attention?

WHAT?
APPLE PICKING! there will be other special side trips depending on the location but that's the theme.

WHEN?
Saturday, 12 October 2002, at 12 PM Eastern Time.

WHERE?
Spicer Orchards in Fenton, MI AND SIMULTANEOUSLY AT Masker Orchards in Warwick, NY.

WHY?
to pick apples. to eat apples. to revel in what is hopefully the beautiful fall weather. to climb trees. to have leaf fights. to take pictures. to have wild, passi.. oh, you meant why the co-locating? Chris-O and chancel started talking about apple cider one fine day, decided to have a gathering to celebrate apples and cider and fall, and then decided to have TWO gatherings on the SAME DAY at the SAME TIME doing the SAME THING. this is not at all because they are both lazy and don't feel like driving halfway across the country.

HOW?
the co-location will be established with cellphones and laptops and PURE INSANITY. the michiganders may also set up a streaming webcam.

OK TELL ME ABOUT THE FIVE SENSES THING.

  1. SEE: the beautiful fall foliage of the respective areas
  2. HEAR: the crunching of apples and of leaves beneath your feet. the laughter of your friends.
  3. TOUCH: climb a tree and feel its bark. hug another noder and delight in the physical contact.
  4. SMELL: the crisp fall air.
  5. TASTE: the fucking apples! i mean, jeez, people!
WHAT ABOUT PORTLAND?
ideath has informed us that we may hold this gathering without fear of being killed. she also asked us to let people know that being at one of these two locations is the ONLY EXCUSE for not being at the portland gathering. SO BE THERE!

OK, I AM INTERESTED TELL ME MORE?
ok. after this hr, chris-o will tell you about the details of the New York half. then, in the next wu, chancel will discuss the michigan half along with the several pages of details chris forgot to include.


THE NEW YORK DETAILS

The New York group will be meeting at Masker Orchards, in Warwick, NY. It's about an hour's drive from NYC, two from where we are in Jersey, four from Boston; that about covers it.

Directions will probably not follow presently; just go to www.maskers.com and follow directions from there.

If you don't feel like driving the entire way to show up at noon, Chris-O and LadySun will be opening up their house the night before to those interested or traveling from far away. We have a full-sized air mattress, a twin bed, a spare sleeping bag, and a decent amount of leftover floor space. Reserve early though!

If enough people show interest, we can get a reserved parking area at the orchard so we can even all park together.

How much will it cost, you ask?

Gas and tolls. The only cost at the orchard is if you buy a bag of apples (that you pick yourself; i don't know how many in a bag but i remember making pies for weeks) which is $15, or a gallon of cider for $2.50. Parking is free, admission is free, all the apples you eat on the grounds are free. LS and i may bring a picnic lunch; you're more than welcome to help with that. I'm bringing my guitar and you can too; frisbees are probably ok but aerobies might be a bad idea.

Afterwards is, as of 12 September 2002, DINNER! Chris-O and LadySun will be cooking:

  • Apple Stir-Fried Pork
  • Vegetable Fried Rice
  • Cold Noodles with Apples
  • Mushrooms with Apple-Sage Stuffing
  • Salad So Good It Needs No Description
  • Caramel Apple Slices with Ice Cream
  • Chocolate Caramel Fondue probably with Apples if we're not yet Sick of Them

    SO WHO'S COMING YO?

    * = staying with Chris-O and LadySun

    Chris-O's skyphone number, if youse get lost, is no longer in this node.

    BE THERE OR BE SQUARE!