Poppy’s Pizza and Grill, located at 342 E Elkhorn Avenue in Estes Park, Colorado is a very interesting place if you like a creative menu. It is situated just off of the main drag, behind a chocolate shop.

They have a make your own pizza option on the menu. We had a choice of sauces ranging from a delectable marinara to a strong yet mouth-watering olive oil and garlic white sauce, and let me tell you, it was good. I ordered one half of my pizza with Canadian bacon, and the other half with blue cheese. Chinakow, who was with me, ordered half chicken and pepperoni and half feta cheese and pepperoni. If you are a fan of blue cheese then you might like this one, I did. The Canadian bacon slices were very large and overlapped. No skimping on ingredients here. Chinakow was less than impressed with the pepperoni and feta combination. He also said that the chicken was bland.

There is a warning on the menu of ingredients stating that they are not responsible if you invent a combination that explodes.

Among the varied selection of ingredients are smoked trout, banana peppers, broccoli, mandarin oranges, shrimp, and capers, as well as others.

I had an Estes Park Stinger to drink with my meal. This is a honey beer from the local brewery, it seemed to contrast nicely with the garlic on the pizza.

As an added note chinakow was staring incessantly at our waitress. According to chinakow she was more than worthy of it.

They do not serve cocktails, but the do have a nice selection of wine. All in all I give it 3.5 out of 5 points.