Standing in line at the Thai trattoria, waiting to order my customary beef noodle soup (though I usually have it on Fridays) I realized my eating habits are monotonous and predictable.
- Once a week, every week, for the past several weeks I have eaten beef noodle soup for lunch. It's not as good as the pho at a Vietnamese restaurant, but it's still pretty good.
- Every morning for the past few months I have eaten microwaved oatmeal with raisins. It took a few tries to work out the correct amount of oatmeal (1/3 cup) and the right time in the "nuke" (1:30).
- Once a week for the past four or five years I have Ensalata Caprisi for dinner. Roma tomatos, mozzarella cheese, garlic, green onions and of course, olive oil.
- Every couple weeks or so, on a Friday night, my husband and I go out for sushi.
- Every work day for several years I have eaten a banana at or near 10 am.
As a teen I once figured the amount of meat (excluding hot dogs & lunch meat) that my family typically ate in the course of a year: