--Outpost Mir--: Legislators already are passing laws that violate the Bill of Rights. Such laws include the DMCA and UCITA. Because the courts do not understand technology, they might not throw the law out if challenged because they do not fully understand it and might be led to believe that it is, in fact, constitutional. You seem to disregard the fact that the people who want to take away liberty are the people with the money. A person with money is much more likely to win any case over a person without money. Consequently, saying that they wouldn't be able to nullify the Bill of Rights doesn't matter, because they are already passing laws that violate it.

The Bill of Rights is just some words on a piece of paper. If it is not enforced, it means nothing. It does not prevent Congress from doing the things they're doing because it is not being duly enforced.

"Oh, and by the way, they couldn't sick the military or such plots on us without attracting attention from every other democratic nation on EarthThey would take notice.They would do something."

This is incorrect. These same democratic governments you talk about model their governments after the United States government. These same democratic governments you speak of are also taking away the rights of their citizens. You say they would all be up in arms, but they're doing the same thing.