Ventolin was released by Aphex Twin (Richard D. James) in 1995 by Warp Records as catalog number WAP60. The tracklist is as follows:

  1. Ventolin (Salbutamol Mix) (5:44)
  2. Ventolin (Praze-an-beeble Mix) (3:22)
  3. Ventolin (Marazanvose Mix) (2:10)
  4. Ventolin (Plain-an-Gwarry Mix) (4:42)
  5. Ventolin (The Coppice Mix) (4:37)
  6. Ventolin (Crowsmengegus Mix) (5:14)
    6a: Respect List (:39)
  7. Ventolin (Wheeze Mix) (7:07)
  8. Ventolin (Carharrack Mix) (2:49)
  9. Ventolin (Probus Mix) (4:13)
  10. Ventolin (Cylob Mix) (5:02)
  11. Ventolin (Deep Gong Mix) (6:17)
  12. Ventolin (Asthma Beats Mix) (1:40)

The reason Aphex Twin released this CD was supposedly that he was trying to convey the feeling of an asthma attack (he suffers from asthma himself). The record is an excellent work in a claustrophobic and menacing way. For example, the loud tone starting the first track is supposed to be the frequency you hear when you take too much Salbutamol.

Even though all the tracks on this EP are called Mixes, they aren't remotely alike, except for the Salbutamol and Wheeze Mixes. This is a classic example of Rich playing games with the norms and standards in music.

The cover art of the EP itself features a Salbutamol container, weird schematics and some strange scribblings, as well as a skull and a gas mask. The remixes cover art features a drawing of the neck/shoulder area of a male adult, showing the muscles under the skin, as well as more odd scribblings. It is designed by Dan Parks and (like many other Warp Records releases) The Designers Republic.

Aside from a single CD, it was also released as double-7" and double-CD.

Audited July 2, 2002, Sources: AFXFAQ, actual CDs.