College life is fun, especially when it involves avoiding Meijer.

Unfortunately, it usually takes me a week or two to get into the swing of college after a few months of vacation. During this time, assignments and information comes FLYING, nay, BARRELING at me at an uncontrollable rate. My only hope is to thwack my brain into proper working order and catch up before I get too far behind.

To do this, I discovered a completely new (to me) area of Oakland University: the haywire Language Labs, where audio tapes come FLYING, nay, BARRELING at you from all directions (Well, okay, just the window). I need a set of headphones like those.

The Pac-Man tourney in the OU arcade is still going on, I guess, with the highest score of ~42,000 still out of my reach (My best is sadly only ~32,000). I've gotta hone my old-school gaming skills by Friday (Registering for the tournament also helps, I guess)... not to mention keeping my ghost-dodging cool while numerous rabid, foaming Soul Caliber fans come FLYING, nay, BARRELING by me in an attempt to get to their precious new-fangled fighting game box. Come get some, Pinky... yeah, you know you want some of this power pellet action... bastard.

I came home today with one specific MP3 download in mind... despite the fact I haven't heard this song in YEARS. Past that, I did the odd experiment with installing Descent 3 on the new computer. The new computer, mind, has nearly NO video accelleration. This, of course, makes it a really bad 650MHz box for UT. My 400MHz box (With a TNT2 AND an old Voodoo2 accellerator) runs it buttery smooth. I expected the worst with Descent 3, since it can get REALLY sluggish on my box (Though it usually maintains a good framerate). Lo and behold, it kicks frames almost as good as my box can. I was halfway expecting my bro to join me as missiles come FLYING, nay, BARRELING at me in the mines, but he declined. He wanted to play some Dune 2000. Hrm.

As I write this, I realize that the most recent noding spree I went on was the Various Meijer Terms meta-node... I need another subject to have nodes come FLYING, nay, BARRELING out of my fingers...

NEW WRITEUPS TODAY: Shut down Napster, not Metallica

ADDED TO THE MP3 PLAYLIST TODAY: Mexican Radio, Wall of Voodoo