The Slut Manifesto

Part 3: What To Do

by Lizzard Amazon

The Slut Manifesto, Part 1: Ranting
The Slut Manifesto, Part 2: Systems In and Out
The Slut Manifesto, Part 3: What To Do


Feminist or not, dyke, bi, or straight, the one thing we had better learn is PUSSY IS NEVER FREE. We don't really have sexual freedom; we have to fight for it.

All women whould unite in defense of each others' right to fuck who ever they want. Don't diss your sister sluts! Defend each other from malicious gossip, no matter what your personal differences are.

Don't bargain for your rights, don't let someone else tell you who you are "allowed" to fuck.

Flaunt your sluttiness. Other people will just have to deal with it. If others know you fuck lots of people they should not bitch that they are "in love" with you and your behavior hurts them. You are a slut and you let everyone know it right from the start, so your lovers know what they are getting into!

Demand respect as a slut. Tell people it does not mean you fuck indiscriminatingly, and it does not mean you are a free target for gang rape! Sluts control access to their bodies and they are fighting against an ideology that makes them fair game for abuse. They should be respected for their courage and determination. Above all respect yourself for making your own decisions! Fuck for your own reasons, not someone else's!

Sluts fuck across cultures and cliques. People in different social groups get to know each other because you fucked them and kept an ongoing tie of friendship with them. You don't fuck someone just because they are considered acceptably cool by the standards of people who are just like you. Sluts might even fuck someone because they admire even one specific quality that person has. They might fuck just out of curiosity, going for that moment after sex when people let their barriers down and talk openly about themselves.

Exercise sexual power consciously. Enjoy the self-confidence and thrill you get from being sexy. Flirt, seduce, and captivate people you like, and remember that flirting is part of the normal construction of social relationships. Flirt just for the sake of flirting; it doesn't mean you have to fuck anyone at all. In fact, all sluts know that you don't have to go all the way to be considered a slut. Making out with a different person every night counts as sluttiness in the world's eyes. Treat this flirting and making out like a fun sport. This doesn't mean you have to see other people as objects- far from it. It can be sluts' liking and respect for other people that makes them fuck around in the first place.

Sluts can see themselves as sacred whores, who affirm life and pleasure. They can give and take- they don't have to be used or users. They can be sex therapists and teach other people to be comfortable with their bodies and their sexuality. Sluts give other people a lot of pleasure, love and inspiration, and they should also be respected for that, not talked about like they are used, victimized, diseased, stupid, or hateful.

Remember that all sluts are different. They have different personalities and motivations, different reasons for being slutty. They may be "using" people for their own sexual pleasure, they can be into "conquest", but this does not necessarily make them evil. For some reason any time women are powerful and use that power, they are considered to be completely evil- one reason that a lot of women are trapped in powerlessness! Women are human too, they are not naturally better or more peaceful or nicer than men. If some sluts happen to use their sexual power for things like revenge or hurting people then they are doing it for their own complex reasons, and not just because they are sluts.

Enjoy life in general. Lustily take part in what situations come your way! Sample everything interesting, including interesting people.

Exult in notoriety! At the least, you give people something to talk about. Whether they criticize your sluttiness or praise it, people that you fucked will inevitably meet each other and talk about you. Lots of this talk filters back to the slut eventually. She gets the benefit for seeing herself reflected in lots of different people's viewpoints. It gives her a certain kind of expanded perspective on her identity. It is also just plain fun to be a focus of gossip, even though people say some shitty things. You have to figure if you are causing a controversy among a bunch of sexist assholes you are probably doing something right, and ignore the things that are meant to hurt your feelings or put you in your place. The more people talk about your sluttiness, the more your actions will come to represent IDEAS. Your sluttiness with spark self-questioning and self-awareness among people who never even meet you. It will spark much-needed discussion and debate, especially between genders and generations.

Be an example to others. Sluts have a very marginal status in this society. Their brave flaunting of tradition can be an example to other people who want to be different or who are already shut out of mainstream society. Sluts' proud ownership of their own bodies sets a good example to others who secretly desire to do something, but are afraid to do it. Your life of emotional intensity will infuse new energy into other people's dreams.

Refuse to be the villain of someone else's B-movie. Sluts evolve new structures for relationships and keep them alive and growing. Other people will see that sluts don't always die, like in the movies. They don't always get burned as witches or shot by jealous boyfriends.

Be a proud villain of your own movie instead. Since you can't exactly avoid being villified, enjoy it thoroughly and refuse to be punished for it. Go ahead. Break up "happy" relationships rather than being the silent "other woman". Be a happy homewrecker! Couple-busting is at least as revolutionary as anything else that breaks up an institution of capitalist patriarchy. Not to mention you get to expose the hypocrisy of stupid couples who swear up and down that they will never ever fuck anyone else to prove how much they are dying to be owned by each other. Except these same people are all to willing to live a giant lie!

Insist on your right to define yourself. It is difficult to be a sexually radical woman and enjoy it while you have to defend yourself constantly. Don't be afraid to tell people to fuck off, shut up, and get out of your face if they are trying to convince you why you are wrong, stupid, need to start painting your nails, or should marry them and become a born again christian. You know what I mean!

PROTECT YOURSELF. This is the most important thing, so it's last on the list, the better to stick in your mind. Really go out and educate yourself about sexually transmitted diseases. Use condoms ALL THE TIME. Don't suck dick without condoms (use the kind without nasty-tasting lube) and don't lick pussy either without a latex or saran wrap barrier. You may not be likely to get HIV/ AIDS from pussy licking, for example, but you ARE likely to get herpes! Go to the public library or to Planned Parenthood, and read everything you can find about STDs. Practice safer sex!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

by Lizzard Amazon, c.1992, first published in Slut Utopia 'zine March 1993

Originally printed in the zines Slut Utopia by Riot Grrlz Outer Space, and in CatScratch, a zine by Spirit Demerson.
I dedicate this manifesto to Spirit & to our sisters everywhere.