There are definately two sides to this.

On one hand, it is a wonderful feeling to be free, uninhibited by clothes. The feeling of being nude is sensual, exciting. Walking around your house, doing normal things, even just laying in your bed (yes, alone) all seem more exciting if you're nude. Without clothes, you can't be distinguished as rich, or different than others (in the sense that we're all the same when we're born, not counting those who've had plastic surgery and may be distinguishable). If everyone were comfortable with being naked there wouldn't be so much hype when people show some flesh.

But, there is the protection factor. Clothing does guard us from the elements. It gives us warmth. And there is that time of the month where everyone would want women wearing clothes, at least on the bottom. The style side of it is a way for self expression and exploration. So yes, clothing can be good too.

I think a practical, medium ground that may be possible for Americans today would be to continue normal clothes wearing in public. Yes, sometimes that isn't much, but instead of gawking we should applaud that they're comfortable with their bodies. Those who live in a home where it's possible (as in don't have a creepy roomate, or a younger sibling) should try walking around in the nude more. You'll become more comfortable with yourself, and learn to appreciate your body more. It is an amazing thing, after all.