Location:
Country: US
State: Washington
Latitude/Longitude: 47n45, 121w59
Population: 7866*

About 15 minutes east of Redmond, Duvall retains it's small town/agrarian feel in the midst of a haven for high-tech firms (Microsoft, Spacelabs Medical and Nintendo, for example, are all headquartered nearby).

Best places to Eat in Duvall:
Ixtapa: The best Mexican food in the Northwest, bar none; worth the trip to Duvall all on its own.
The Thai Restaraunt: Fantastic take out, panang curry, phad thai, etc.
The Duvall Cafe: Strange hours but great food in good quantities. Outdoor dining is great in the summer.

Things for visitors to do:
-Duvall is a great place to go Antique shopping with 1/2 dozen shops within walking distance of each other on Main street. Be sure to take the the time to walk stop in at the shops just down the hill from main street as well; they get fewer visitors and have frequently better prices.
-Also visit: Duvall Books. A great used book store with some country charm, it has a wonderfully random selection of every book you never knew you always needed.

Reasons to live there:
-While the high-tech boom in the Northwest has led to a giant leap in housing prices anywhere in the Redmond/Kirkland/Bellevue region, Duvall's unique location (over the hill and across the valley) has kept prices in town slightly lower than in these cities while remaining close enough to 520 to make for an easy commute.
-Since it's surrounded by farm land the air quality is much higher than (for instance) downtown Seattle. Another plus; lots of fresh vegies.

Caveat:
Duvall is a city on a hill surrounded by a valley, with just 4 roads leading in. The valley floods every winter, blocking off at least one of those roads, leaving just one easily accessible route headed in to Redmond; this can add another 20 minutes to your commute.

*Population numbers retrieved from the 1990 US Census (latest available).