A friend of mine from the other end of germany will walk through the office door within the next 60 Minutes, as she is applying for a job as a sysop, and i have no idea how i should act. My boss has problems with relationships between co-workers.
Problem.
We are just friends, but it looks like there is more. This we sleep in one bed, but do not have sex-thing. The door opens, i leave my desk -turn on xlock- and move over, hug her and kiss her?

Impossible

Look up, say Hi! and get back to coding?

No way. She would feel unwelcome and fuck up the talk with my boss.

There is no escape. I know her train arrives at 16:32. Now its 15:45. Maybe i will go out for a smoke at 16:40 (it takes 12 minutes to get here from the station.
When i am back, at 16:55 or something, she will already be talking to my boss, so i can just say Hi!, give her a smile and get back coding.
This is my first Day Log, i did not know another place to put this...
16:24 Her train should be in Hamburg-Harburg now. I'm so fucking nervous.

16:34 If the railroad company has not fucked up their schedules again, she is in Hamburg now, finding her way by a printout of a e-mail i sent her.

16:40 smoking time ;)

16:54 My evil unbeatable smoking master plan did NOT work out. I'm back at my desk, my problem stays.

17:00 I dunno where she is... *panic*

17:15 The radio plays personal jesus by DM. It calms me.

Update She got the job. Wo-Hoo! Everything worked out fine as my boss was not in the office when she came in, so we could talk a bit.