Yes, the belly flop. A dive in which the front of the body(the belly) hits flat against a surface(hopefully water). If done correctly, this dive can drench entire families--and more important, women in light summer dresses. For the perfect belly flop, follow these simple steps below:
- Step One: Spring out
- Jump up and out as far as you can. Put in some practice jumping off the side of the pool before you graduate to the diving board.
- Step Two: Strike a "Superman" pose
- As you rocket forward, extend your arms and legs. Amateurs stay in this position, which is why they scream in pain when they hit the water.
- Step Three: Arch your back
- Bend your body into the shape of a banana. This will maximize your splashing impact and prevent you from bashing your face or groin.
- Step Four: Prepare for impact
- At the last moment, cock your head back to protect your face. For dramatic effect after the splash, bob on the surface like a dead man.