My uncle was in a surfing accident when he was 20. No joke. He's been in a wheelchair for over half his life now, longer than I've been alive. I don't know whether he's quadraplegic or paraplegic, because he's retained some use of his arms (enough to make quite a respectable living as a programmer for the city of Jacksonville, FL, albeit with a heavily modified keyboard and mouse). I don't claim any sort of expertise on what happens when you dive off a surfboard into shallow water. You break your neck. If you're my uncle, you remain one of the coolest people I have ever been blessed to meet. I've been trying to assimilate him. He resists admirably. Resistance is futile.

Anyway, the point of all this is to segue into the recipe. He requires attended care-read: live-in nurse. The latest in a long line of these tweaks, freaks, and just all around weirdos hails from Barbados. Nice lady. A little too attached to Jesus for my tastes, but nice. So, she makes this wonderful meal for me, whenever I'm visiting. I love it. I honestly can say that I feel emotion for this food stronger than like. I demanded it on my graduation night. I plan to do so again on my next milestone birthday. And, in my infinite generosity, I have decided to share it with you all. Look grateful.
Chicken Curry
Ingredients:
2 chicken boullion cubes, dissolved into 1/2 cup boiling water.
2 Tablespoons Cross and Blackwell steak sauce (can usually be found in the gourmet section at the supermarket).
4-6 chicken breasts, cubed. (NOT to the 3rd degree. Cut into cubes.)
2 Tablespoons Lea and Perrins worchestershire sauce.
1 teaspoon minced ]garlic.
1 teaspoon minced ginger.
dash Spike. (buggered if I know what a 'dash' is. I'm just typing what's in the cookbook).
dash cayenne or 1 teaspoon for H-O-T.
dash onion powder, or fresh grated onion.

Mix above ingredients, marinate chicken at least one hour in refrigerator, covered.

Then add:
1 teaspoon Patak's curry paste into the marinade.
(Again. Out of Nashville, I have no idea where you'd buy this. Here in town, there's a little market on Church Street, this side of the bridge, that carrries it. Probably you could find it at any Indian food store.)

Cube 3-4 Yukon Gold potatoes. Saute meat in 2 Tablespoons oil. When chicken is pretty thoroughly done (use your own judgement. Salmonella is neither fun nor for the whole family.), add remainder of marinade and 1 1/2 cups of water, and the potatoes. You may want to put in more curry paste to suit yourself. Simmer for at least an hour, more if you can wait. It would take a stronger lass than I to do so with that smell wafting through your kitchen, but the longer you leave it be, the better the return.

Serve with or without rice, makes no difference to me.
BAR and I stole tupperware containers full of this and took them back to Chez Wonko to play chess and watch bad movies. impishlaugh and I cooked in my dimly lit kitchen and retired with our spoils of war to watch Hamlet. I caused NightShadow to bleed internally after eating this, while aphexious was forced into watching Buffy.