Why is it that the graphics in classic games are such a turn off to people? I find that classic games are brilliantly detailed games with fine-tuned story lines which far surpass alot of modern games. Too many people shunt classic games before they even know what they are about just because of their graphics. I think that all classic games should be loved because of their superior storylines (most have anyhow, there are still the bad classic games). Not to mention the fact that all modern games are evolutions of classic games.

Take for example Alone in the Dark, a brilliant, brilliant, classic game. Without it two of the greatest modern games of the same genre, Resident Evil(1 and 2) and Parasite Eve would not exist. Also, Alone in the Dark kick started the whole genre of adventure\combat.

Another example is the timeless classic Mario Brothers. It did not kick start the genre, but it evolved the genre from arcade games such as Pac-man and Donkey Kong. Similarly, games such as Crash Bandicoot, Sonic the Hedgehog and Tomb Raider evolved one way or another, directly or indirectly, from it.

Of course no one can deny that the legendary classic Wolfenstein 3D did not kick of a genre, and an entire era of modern gaming (the 3D Shooter).

I think that should be enough proof that classic games should be revered and loved, not poked fun at and discarded. Of course there are those classic games lovers and I commend those that are. Long live the classic games I say!