For those of you who like Doughnuts, I recommend that you try a Spudnut. However, Spudnuts are slightly different from doughnuts. Spudnuts are made from Potato flour and honestly just taste better. I feel that it is only fair to warn you that Spudnuts are habit forming. Eating just one could turn you into an addict. Because there are only few Spudnut Shops in the world, people have been trying to find out how to make them for the past 50 years. I came across an old recipe for Spudnuts. This is not quite the real thing, but it's not bad for those of you who are too far away to enjoy professionally made Spudnuts. (note- this is a copy of the original recipe- no editing was involved.)

Ingredients
2 pks. yeast
1 C lukewarm water
3 C oleo (margarine for you younger people)
1 C sugar
2 C mashed potatoes (I've used instant on occasion)
2 C lukewarm milk (I've used instant also)
4 eggs
10-12 C flour
1 tsp salt

Mix dry ingredients and 10 C of the flour together. Dissolve yeast in 1 C lukewarm water (adding 1 Tbs of the 1 C sugar speeds action)- add with remaining ingredients. Continue to add the remaining flour up to the 12 cups total. Mix dough, sticky as possible. Grease large bowl, put in dough, cover, and let rise until double in bulk. Roll out on lightly floured board, cut with donut cutter dipped in flour, let cut donuts rise again on the board, and fry in deep fat that is really boiling. GLAZE: 1 box powdered sugar, milk as needed, 1 tsp. vanilla. Mix runny. Dip donuts, let drip on wooden spoon handle in bowl. Yummy.

Hope you enjoy!