My depression and anxiety has blown out like a candle that's run out of wax. Therapy has been effective, in my case, as has a support network of close friends, family, and folks from near and far across the Internet. Some of you are here. Some of you listened to me bitch, with as little detail as possible. Some of you gave me advice. Some kind soul ordered me Chinese food during my bout with pneumonia, and another one of you gave me the best advice I could possibly have. Someone else's writing kept me afloat, partially, even if he doesn't know it. Homes were opened. Hearts were open.

I healed.

I mean, it's not like it isn't still shitty in some ways, or that the past has vanished overnight. But for the first time in forever, I'm having a wonderful Christmas season. I'm hanging lights. I'm making presents. I'm getting to do things like drink rosemary bourbon, build desks, and laugh.

I am beyond acceptance and into happiness. There's an understanding that the depression is a recurrent problem. I've got better tools now to chip away at it now, and am learning to pay attention to my instincts and shit. It's almost like I'm becoming a healthy adult individual or some shit.

So yeah, thank you guys. Life is pretty awesome. Happy Solstice, Merry Christmas, Happy Festivus. Happy holidays to all y'all.