Return to-- Serious Sam

Enemy data c/o game data files and source

CLASS: Scythian Witch-Harpy
METABOLISM: mammal
PERCEPTION: trained clone
SIZE: 5 ft standing
ENDURANCE: low
HOSTILITY: medium
WEAPONS: magic projectiles, claws
REWARD: 1000 FC
THREAT: low

HEALTH: 100
SCORE: 1000

DESCRIPTION:

A female clone of a long extinct Scythian race. A Witch-Harpy is trained in close combat and casting combat spells. Its flying ability allows it to reach otherwise unreachable positions and attack their enemy from above.

TIPS:

- When in large groups, make minced meat with minigun or rocket them away
- Take down individuals with double-barreled shotgun

Tactics:
Annoying. Attacks at range with weak magical bolts and up close with a surprisingly powerful diving kick. Fight back with tommygun at long range, rockets when then 'flock' together (which they seem to have a tendancy to do), and coach gun to dispach individuals when they get too close.
Take pains to ensure that the harpy you have killed is actually dead. An injured harpy often falls from the air, only to climb back to her feet and continue the battle on foot. A grounded harpy is equally as dangerous as a flying one, and often rather harder to spot.

Second Encounter: the Harbomber
The harpies have spent the time between episodes practicing for a new trick. Often you will see a harpy swooping into battle with a beheaded kamikaze clutched in its talons, which it will drop near the player before begining its attack. Especially nasty because, without the usual audio clues to the kami's presense (ie. AaAaAaAaAaAaAaAggghhhh!) until it's too late, death caN come totally unexpectedly.
The antidode to this is the sniper rifle, which which you can pick them off at a range, causing them to drop their payload into a river, spike pit, horde of biomechs or what-have-you.
Terminate with great prejudice.