From the person who apparantly really likes brutal punishment...

This is now over and was big fun! See No Springs excellent overview below.

So there you are, sitting there in your house or place of work admiring all of the beautiful snow outside thinking, "Boy, I can't wait to go right out there and shovel snow and fall on my butt from slipping on the black ice and lose a finger to frostbite."

For those of you who just LOVE the idea of the above, then this is not the gathering for you. But if you like the idea of drinking hot chocolate around a warm tv set, slightly cold because someone has the A/C turned down a little too low, watching the snow fall somewhere way up north, then boy have I got a deal for you!

"Tell us, Anmlwhatevrthing, what deal do you have for us?"

Funny you should ask! An action packed weekend of:

WARMTH!

CULTURE!

FOOD!

ACTION!

WARMTH!


HELPING YOUR FAVORITE SITE - The most talented Segnbora-t will raffle off the goods from Wrap Up In Noder Love: An E2 Craft Project and Fundraiser. This is a VERY cool event, and a good fundraiser for E2, and will be a chance to help those nothern noders that you laughed at in the WARMTH phase above.


THE PLAN

WHEN: January 11th-12th, 2003

WHERE: Tampa, Florida, and the surrounding areas
(See below for specifics)

WHO: myself and anyone else who would like to help out or come

THE SCHEDULE

Friday, January 10th - Technically this isn't on the schedule, but if we get cool noders who need to fly or drive in early, you can crash at my place and bask in the WARMTH of Florida!. (Any time is fine - I have the day off work, so I'm ready when ya'll are)

Saturday, January 11th - CULTURE! For those of you who don't know, the Tampa/St. Pete area houses some amazing museums. The primary goal is the Salvador Dali museum in St. Pete. After Dali, we can vote and head either over to the Florida Aquarium, the Tampa Museum of Art, Ybor City, or elsewhere.

The day will begin lets say at 9am with a big breakfast at my house. From there we can all load up and head to the Dali museum to be there by 11am. We'll head over for a picnic lunch by the St. Pete Pier. I'll be providing Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner.

Saturday night - Weekend night culture is very odd in Tampa. In particular there is Ybor City which is neat during the day, and quite the freak show at night. For anyone really wanting to go down there, we will scrounge up a group. Otherwise I will beat up my brother and steal his XBox and Playstation 2 and we will have a singalong at my place.

Sunday, January 12th - FOOD! The morning will begin with breakfast for all cooked by yours truly. We'll then proceed over for ACTION! where all involved will get to dress up in a fire suit and spray a real fire hose! Sorry, we don't have a pole you can slide down, but I promise to make it up somehow. From there, lunch or something, and then enjoy the WARMTH of Florida before heading home.


Lodging / Travel

My place is open to all who need a place to stay. I have lots o' room, and should be able to get up to 10-15 people.

If you Mapquest it, pay attention to it until you get to Lake Carlton Drive. Once you go through the guardhouse (you need only my address and last name) make an immediate Left. At your first stop sign, make a right-left (it is a right followed by an immediate left to get you onto the inner road). From there go down past three carports and make a left onto Jamestown Way. At the stop sign, make another left, then follow the road to the right. The address is above the doors on the building, and mine will be on the right hand side.

The nearest airports are Tampa International Airport and St. Pete / Clearwater Airport. Also, it may be cheaper to fly into Orlando International, and if it is and you need someone to pick you up just let me know and I will arrange it.

If you want to come and just don't know how you can make it, or need something like a ride, please /msg me. WE WANT YOU HERE!


"OOooh OOooh! I want to be there!
How do I sign up?
"

Signing up is easy. Simply /msg me,
or email dali at cornetdesign dot com.
You can also send questions there.

Coming


"OOooh OOooh! I want to be there!
But I don't think I can!
"

Maybes are always welcome.
Even if you aren't sure if you can make it, let me know.

Maybes


"OOooh OOooh! I wan't to be there!
But I can't!
"

OR

"OOooh OOooh! I don't want to be there!
Ya'll are losers!
"

Umm, hmm. Well, if you give us your number we'll call you
and get you in as part of the action.
For that second person, umm,
I guess I could tack on some muddin' if it would help.

Not Coming