Rice Krispies Treats have become so popular that Kellog USA has decided to mass produce them and sell them retail.

I haven't done the math, but I suspect you can make a whole pan full with Rice Krispies and marshmallows for what it costs to buy a single Treat.

The treats come in a variety of flavors, including those with chocolate and caramel, but I must say, the original are still the best.

And so, without further ado, the ingredients for The Original. (These are not something I'd eat after reading the ingredients, so I have quite willfully blanked my memory of what is in them so as not to curb my enjoyment.)

Ingredients: toasted rice cereal (rice, sugar, salt, high gructose corn syrup, malt flavoring, niacinamide, reduced iron, riboflavin {vintamin B2}, folic acid), marshmallow (corn syrup, sugar, gelatin, artificial flavor), fructose, margarine (partially hydrogenated soybean oil, water, natural and artificial butter flavor, diacetyl tartaric acid esters of mono- and diglycerides, acetylated monoglycerides, vintamin A palmitate, BHT to preserve quality, vitamin D), invert sugar, corn syrup solids, glycerin, salt, niacinamide, pyridoxine hydrochloride {vitamin B6}, riboflavin {vitamin B2}, thiamin hydrochloride {vitamin B1}. CONTAINS A MILK INGREDIENT.
I remember when they started requiring food containers to warn of peanuts, but I find it quite interesting that the wrapper has a warning that it contains a milk product. On that I will do research.

Exchange (per serving): 2 Carbohydrates The dietary exchanges are based on the Exchange Lists for Meal Planning ©1995 by The American Diabetes Association, Inc. and The American Dietetic Association.

Percentage Daily Vaules are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.