It has finally come. Publisher Tecmo has teamed up with developer Team Ninja to create this ultimate "sports" title, the next in the Dead or Alive series, Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball. This Xbox exclusive joins BMX XXX as the two most controversial games this season and quite possibly in video game history. DOAX is a 1-4 player sports game that will be released November 2002. And what a release it will be.

"Sex undoubtedly highlights Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball," says Game Informer, issue 112, and I couldn't have put it better. from all the screenshots and movies I've seen (yes, I'm an addict) the features of this game look beautiful. But does the only thing DOAX have to offer is a bunch of beautifully rendered ladies bouncing around on the beach, tantalizing your innermost fantasies?

No. Well, yes. I mean, no!

Title: Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball
Developer: Team Ninja
Publisher: Tecmo
Date Published: January 24, 2003
Platforms: XBox

The game will be an accurate and intriguing sports title, using real beach volleyball rules, promises Team Ninja's leader, Tomonobu Itagaki, with various courts, balls, articles of clothing, perhaps the lack thereof, (last one added by me). Every minute detail seems to be covered. Character models are, of course, to perfection, but even aspects beyond those lovely girls; the sand effects, tanning and burning, character personalities, and the variety of gameplay all direct me to force my friend to buy this game instantly, for he is a lucky owner of an Xbox and I own Gamecube (and of course, the term "lucky" is used loosely.)

Back to the aspect of gameplay, this game will offer you a chance to understand the personality of your girl. In your quest to win at this Dead or Alive tournament, you must find her best partner, discover her clothing likes and dislikes, and learn more about her off the court. If you fair well, you and your teammate might even engage in more intimate activities. (I saw it with my own eyes, and feeding that strawberry from one girls hand to the other's mouth was definitely not lacking in the sexual innuendo!)

Finally, Itagaki leaves us with the promise of being able to perform "distraction" moves. Let your imagination soar, fanboy.

" Despite the hoopla that will ensue surrounding DOAX's itsy teenie weenie polka-dot bikinis, we hope that it isn't unappreciated for this reason, especially if Tecmo manages to create an amazing volleyball game." - Game Informer, Issue 112

Note: I have found some sources that that say this game is being developed by Tecmo and/or published by Microsoft. The official Japanese Tecmo site (www.tecmo.co.jp) and my trusty magazine say Team Ninja is the developer. Stay away from these bad sources, they are stupid people, inflamed over the Xbox.