I just woke up. I need to write this up before I forget it. I manage to dream up some real oddball shit.

I was back in elementary school, except everyone was their current age, including me. It wasn't so much that I was back in school, it seemed to be more like a reunion. I recognized quite a few people. We were running around in the gym, just playing. It was fun. Then, we got in line just like we used to - by height. I was right up front, while picturing my taller friends in the back. That's where this dream ended.

Dream Shift

There were two restaurants, side by side on a hill on the edge of a busy street. I'm not too clear on the details of the first, except that it was on the right.

On the left, was a red and white wooden building (Sonny's BBQ-esque), and the place was called "Juxtaposition." (The letters were bubble letters in alternating colors between White, Orange, and Green, mounted just above the doorway.) It was supposed to be an alien-themed restaruant. There was no real easy way to get into their parking lot, so you had to park in the lot next door, and walk up the wooden deck stairs.

Upon entering the restaurant, it's clearly a lively place. People are sitting at the bar, at tables, and walking around. No aliens were in sight, nor did the owners make any sort of attempt to create an alien atmosphere. It seemed to be a plain restaurant.

I was about to find out the truth.

Time shifted ahead, and I was upstairs. (It appeared to be a three-story building from the outside.) The upstairs area revealed the building to be a house. Apparently, prior to the restaurant, this was a home. The upstairs had not yet been converted.

While walking down a hall, I looked into one of the rooms. I saw a very very small room, decorated all in powder blue. It was a square room, and on one side (closest to me and the doorway) was a cot-type bed - large enough for one person, and one person only. The head of the bed was pointed toward the door, where I was standing. Just past the head of the bed was a round nightstand, also powder blue. This was the closest object to the doorway, where I had been standing. On top of the table was a framed photograph of a woman, in her early to mid twenties (it was the only thing that stood out in the room). I don't know her.

I continued down the hall, and there was a group of people (around my age, early twenties) looking out one of the windows. Out the window, you were able to see another portion of the house which contained a shower. The people looking out the window were making fun of the guy in the shower, as they were able to see him.

Time shifted further ahead, and I felt an urgent need to get out of the restaurant. I wish I could remember why. I realized my wallet and something else I carry around (presumably my pager) were in the back seat of my car. I opened the back driver's side door, and there's a woman (late thirties, cigarette in her mouth, dark blue, collared shirt) - an employee of the restaurant - sitting in my driver's seat. She's pointing a silver, long barrel revolver at me. I take my wallet, the other thing (I couldn't clearly remember what it was), and I ask her where my keys are.

"Under your arm."

I reach under my arm, and sure enough, I had put my keys there earlier.

She got out of the car, still pointing the gun at me, and motioned for me to go back toward the restaurant. At the back of my car, she informed me of something.

"I'm dead, and now undead."

I looked at her, and managed to utter a slow "Ohhh-kay." She looked normal enough, though deep down, I knew she was telling the truth. I just didn't let it show.

She got angry, and shoved me. I got mad. "Look, lady. I have no idea how to respond to that." She then settled down a bit, and again, motioned me back into the restaurant.

Time shifted ahead, and we must've gotten back into the restaurant, because I was standing with her in the lobby by the bar, keys in hand. We were having a conversation, though I don't remember what. She still had the gun pointed at me. The exit was to my left, very close. So I did what any victim in a B-horror flick would do with an undead person pointing a gun at them.

I ran out the exit.

My car was directly ahead. (I must note that throughout the entire dream, it was actually *my car*, the one I drive in real life. A black, 1991 Nissan Stanza 4 door. I was a bit surprised at this.) I got to the car, and my door was locked. I started fumbling with my keys, and looked back toward the restaurant. The woman was headed for me, and she looked pissed. I had a hell of a time getting the key into the lock, and when I finally opened the door, she had reached the back of the car. I jumped in, and started to close the door really hard, until she caught it. I fought with her trying to close the door, and I eventually won. She stood there, looking at me through the window, wiping the moisture off the window with her hand. I got the impression she was about to break it. I threw the car into reverse, and backed out really fast. (When had I started it?) I think she managed to leap onto the car, and...

I woke up.