I was looking back at what people had to say about the elections ealier in the year, and just thinking about life and people.

I think Americans, and I think this culture really started voicing itself in the late '60s, are so damn high strung that it's a wonder we haven't been declared a state of emergency.

The satirical photoshop of a CNN headline, "Scientists announce that pretty much everything will kill you.. Mass hysteria in the streets as...", pretty much sums it up. Americans have the most doom-and-gloom pesimistic outlook, and stress the smallest things, knowing full well they can't help them.

If the Army has taught me anything, it's to not stress the small shit. You deal with so much bullshit, misery, and sometimes pain that all those other things become minor.

We're having problems with North Korea? Great... They better pay me better. Yeah, I had to kill him because he pointed his weapon at us. What else could I do? Bush is reelected. Hmm.. Well, they better pay me better. Hey mom, did you know if I die you'll get $400,000 now!? They caught people trying to infiltrate the base last night.. Assholes... Hey hand me a beer.

Whatever. Life will go on, Oh my god, the world is going to end we are all going to die in a fiery nasty death full of republicans or something. Americans... I swear, sometimes when I'm abroad I'm embarrased to say I'm American, and I am a fucking patriot.

I consider myself a patriot because I truly believe that America COULD be one of the greatest civilizations in human history. Such an ethnically diverse group, with so many possibilities for advancing human evolution culturally and technologically. I can't understand why so many Americans go about their lives decidedly ignorant and happy to be so, and why they worry about the silliest things.

I wish there was more people that took pride in being an American based on educated views, not ignorant breeding and religion.

Oh yeah, and I got promoted to Sergeant.