For simple HTML, just type as you normally would, but remember that multiple spaces and line breaks will not show. Insert <BR> for a line break, or <P> for a paragraph break (line break + extra space). If you really need multiple spaces and line breaks to show up exactly as you typed them, such as for making a table or ASCII art, enclose that section in <PRE> and </PRE> tags. (This will also cause it to display in a monospaced font.)

If you need to type an ampersand (&), type &amp; instead. If for some reason you need angle brackets (< and >), type &lt; and &gt;. If you need to insert literal [brackets which don't create a node], use &#91; and &#93; to create them.

If you need bold or italics, enclose bold sections in <B> and </B>, and enclose italic sections in <I> and </I>. Don't forget to close these sections, or they will run on to the end of your writeup.

For poems or lyrics, put a <BR> at the end of each line except use <P> between stanzas. At the end, type <P align=right> to start a right-aligned paragraph, and put the attribution in italics. Everything until the next <P> will be right-aligned.

If you're inserting a medium-length quotation, one stanza from a song, etc., into a longer writeup, put the <BLOCKQUOTE> and </BLOCKQUOTE> tags around it to indent it nicely from the rest of the text.

And by all means, put [ and ] around meaningful words and phrases in your writeup to provide links to related nodes.

-- This nodeshell rescued by The Nodeshell Rescue Team