So very interesting...

I'm sitting in Brewers Art, and in walks... her. Her, the girl/woman I've come to know over this span we call time, the same one to share a birthday as me, the same one to possess... well, just too-odd similarities (you don't want me to run down the list, do you?)...

Immediately, I'm possessed with the odd feeling that I have to impress... suddenly, in all her black dressed-up glory, I am not good enough... She is older, she is experienced, and I am the same old me-- confused, shy, young and timid; someone not quite worthy.

And then as I talk to her...

We have the same birthday... how can we not get along? We've been through too much together in an odd sort of way... sisters in the same cocooned cancer shell. Suddenly, I could be myself. Two whole months in Baltimore, and it's only now that I can completely get out my laughing, hysterical, girlish, hidden, secretive, odd, strange cancer urgings. And how well it ends up working out... I'm just so glad that I can have someone there who understands me, who understands my motivations, and who accepts the faults...

"Darling! We're cancers! Six-Twenty-six; it's in our blood...!"

And to think I was going to sit at home tonight...

Besides, you should have seen his face when he ran.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.