Indentity reassignment in line with late C20th hip-hop tribalism (Specifically Wu-Tang Clan). I wrote the damned thing, but you couldn't call me responsible. http://www.recordstore.com/wuname ...
Click THAT and see what you get.

Trying to break it down, it seems to take your initials or something, but if you switch from Jimmy to James, you get much different answers. Also people with the same first name get parts of their rap name identical.

Mine's spunky misunderstood genius.

Although the wuname generator is without a doubt very entertaining, I tested it's accuracy and found it wanting. The best test to see if this thing was accurate was to out in the government names of Staten Island's most famous rappers, and see if the names that came out were the ones that they keep it real with.

  • Gary Grice came out as the "Excitable Misunderstood Genius", which is close, he is actually the Genius.
  • Russel Jones is the "Jive Talkin' Choirboy", he is actually the Ol Dirty Bastard
  • Robert Diggs is the "Fiendish Observational Comedian", he is actually the RZA, the Razor or the RZArector
  • Corey Woods becomes the "Ol` Filthy, Sweaty Bastard". He is actually "The Chef Raekwon"

From this list of four of the nine members of the Wu-Tang Clan we can see that the wu-name generator is not very accurate.

The author of this write up is not responsible for possible damage caused by referring to any of the above people by their government names.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.