Wooden Spoons.
Wooden Spoons are used to stir food with. They are made out of "wood". A subtance that comes from "trees". These "Spoons" are about 30 centermeters long , and 3 wide.

In some households, when the child has been "naughty", he/she gets hit on the "buttocks" by the wooden spoon.

These so-called Wooden Spoons are found in most normal households. If you dont have one, I suggest you go out and buy one.

Sometimes literally, sometimes metaphorically, the wooden spoon is often the booby prize handed out at rugby matches, game shows and other arenas of humiliation.

Always use a wooden spoon when making sauces: unlike a metal spoon, it doesn't transfer out the heat and mess with the temperature in unpredictable ways. If you are making sauces that are particularly troublesome, like hollandaise, this could solve the curdling problems. Also, wooden spoons are less likely to damage any nonstick pan surfaces.

Wooden spoons have been used as the basis of dolls, with the bowl of the spoon used as the head. In some parts of the world this is seen as charmingly old-fashioned and quaint. The majority of six year olds, however, would bop you over the head if presented with one of these instead of the latest Barbie clone.

For those of you that haven't experienced what the wooden spoon has to offer (and I'm not talking about booby prizes or discipline) then you really ought to go to the local Super Wal-Mart and pick yourself up a 6 pack of em.

How to enjoy a Wooden Spoon:


  1. Procure a wooden spoon (two to make it a date).
  2. If the wooden spoon is worn in, skip to step 4.
  3. Soak wooden spoon in luke warm water for 100 hours.
  4. Boil 1 pint of water.
  5. Pour in a quarter of medium thickness spagetti.
  6. Prepare as usual, using the aforementioned wooden spoon.
  7. Suck some liquid out of the paddel of the wooden spoon, taking care not to scald yourself.
  8. Repeat steps 4 - 6 to taste.

wooden spoon

Cambridge. The last junior optime. See wrangler, optime.

The 1811 Dictionary of the Vulgar Tongue.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.