A spinal injury affecting the muscles in any number of regions of the spine from the coccyx to the cervical vertebrae, most frequently the latter. Trauma to the muscles surrounding the spine results in a build-up of scar tissue within the fibres of the muscles, giving rise to the "trigger-point" effect, where discomfort or swelling in an effected area can result in a propagation of pain to other connected regions.

For example whiplash in the facial muscles around the neck can result in pain across the shoulder blades and the lumbar region.

The injury can be treated with a combination of heat therapy, interferential therapy, intrasound therapy and deep tissue massage.


The only reason for my needing 12 hours sleep in the day, for being unable sit still for more than 25 minutes, for being unable to study without a headache, for paying 100 pounds per week on treatment, for suddenly having migraines where before there were none, for going from long-sighted to short-sighted and for 1/3 of my waking day being spent in pain.


Whiplash is the ninth album released by the band James. The band collaborated with Brian Eno in it's production.

The track list is;

The Album contributes to the rumour that James albums are sigils for the band's fortunes.

After releasing their eight album , Laid, key members of the band apparently got laid. After Whiplash, Tim Booth was in a car accident and suffered whiplash.

This self-fulfilling prophetic nature of albums led the band to release their tenth album, Millionaires.

This Song, written by James Hetfield and Lars Ulric, features the same intro that most of the album did. A distorted guitar starts, to be joined by the band later, in a groove. The music behind the lyrics is a fast heavy riff, consisting of mostly open notes with a palm muted guitar. With the lyrics, Metallica tries to show that they're these crazy metalheads, and you are too! The song appears on their first album, Kill em All, a reference to their marketing executives. The origional title was going to be Metal Up Your Ass, but that idea was nixed by the higher ups (It later ended up on several T-shirts picturing a sword coming out of a toilet). The album was produced by Johnny Zazula. During past live shows, then bassist Jason Newsted would split vocal duties on the track with the band's lead singer, Hetfield. With the recent acquisition of Robert Trujillo, Ozzy Osbourne's most recent bass player, it remains to be seen whether this trend will continue or not. Whiplash has also been covered by Pantera in several of their live concerts circa 1993, and by several garage bands.


www.encycmet.biz
www.kanged.com/pantera/boots91-94.asp
herbman's w/u above.

Whip"lash` (?), n.

The lash of a whip, -- usually made of thongs of leather, or of cords, braided or twisted.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.