I compiled this cd to introduce Templeton to (or better aquaint her with) the origins of electronica. Moving from the organic "A low frequency inversion field," which is based on sweeps and atmospheric/organic noise on to a shattered silence, we establish the roots of the modern electronic music. Out of this silence emerges Gorecki's symphony number three (Lento,) which builds itself up upon female basso vocals, raising the strings benind it.
Vivaldi introduces more movement and sets the stage for Aphex Twin's Outside kickass violin solo and its breakbeat interludes. The Aphex Twin track ends in a jazzy synth solo and is followed by the classic Two Bass hit. Over the next twenty minutes, the listener is led through the present and past of fringe (and forgotten music.)

01. Spacetime Continuum - A low frequency inversion field
02. Gorecki - Symphony number 3
03. Vivaldi - Concerto for Two Violins in A minor 1st movement (Allegro)
04. Aphex Twin - Outside kickass Violin Solo
05. Miles Davis and John Coltrane - Two Bass hit
06. David Holmes - No Man's Land
07. Metallica - Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
08. Dimitri from Paris - Un World Misteriouse
09. Thievery Corporation - So Com Voce
10. Thelonious Monk and John Coltrane - Functional
11. Tchaikovsky - andante maestoso
12. Tom Waits and Allen Ginsberg - America (Closing Time)

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.