There I was, alone but feeling so complete, wandering through this dimly lit music store in the city. It was mid-day but with the lighting and music it felt more like the most peaceful evening I've never experienced.

If I could have had the opportunity, at that time, to be anywhere else in the world.. I wouldn't have taken it because there, it was exactly where I wanted to be. I think that's one of the very few times in my life that I've thought that way, whole-heartedly loving my surroundings and wishing to be absolutely no where else in the universe.

I think probably the best part of the entire experience was that the music they were playing, which happened to be Chantal Kreviazuk (thought I didn't know at the time), was so enrapturing it was so achingly beautiful. I actually purchased Colour Moving and Still, her newest album, after I listened to it in its entirety while I wandered aimlessly.

She has a song titled "Blue", "you've never seen the colour blue..." and when I heard that, I believed it, because it became more than a color and I heard it in her voice, the way she sings. It's intoxicating, so alluring and it draws you in until you never ever want to leave again. One day I might twist my reality so that I could have stayed there, for as long as I wanted... for days even. Incidentally, there's an extra CD along with her album with some covers on it. I can listen to it now and feel almost what I felt that day, but never quite the same, never so infinitely content, at peace.

"It feels like home to me."

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.