A person who abuses the rules of any game, especially role playing games such as Advanced Dungeons and Dragons and Vampire: The Masquerade. In RPGs, there is usually no concept of winning or losing, just as in life there is no winning or losing. Twinks forget this, and attempt to conquer every situation they are confronted with. The only cure for twinking is death.

A term once used in the gay community to describe a cute young thing who wasn't all that smart. Compare bimbo. It is now frequently used to describe any cute young thing.

Thus, Rob Malda is a twink. And a rich one, now. :)

twilight zone = T = twirling baton

twink /twink/ n.

1. [Berkeley] A clue-repellant user; the next step beyond a clueless one. 2. [UCSC] A read-only user. Also reported on the Usenet group soc.motss; may derive from gay slang for a cute young thing with nothing upstairs (compare mainstream `chick').

--Jargon File, autonoded by rescdsk.

White correcting fluid used for blotting out mistakes on paper. Comes in two forms, a bottle with a brush built into the screw-top lid, and in a pen. Correction tape is a less messy alternative.

Not very effective in correcting mistakes on non-white material, but fun to use for marking/writing/graffiting on stuff in general.

A Yuppie acronym. Married couples with jobs and without children.

TWo Incomes, No Kids.

Twink: A player in the MMORPG game EverQuest who has armor and/or weapons that are clearly beyond their ability to procure on their own, due to level. For instance, a level 1 warrior wearing full plate armor with a sword from a level 30 mob. Presumably the twink has received these ill-gotten gains from another player, or a higher-level character of the same player. In the early days, this caused those of us who were not twinked to be jealous and whiny. Later, the definition expanded to include any secondary character, because everyone had them and everyone had "twinked" them with equipment gained by their primary character, e.g., "I'm going to give this Nightshade Wreath to my Necromancer twink".

twink, v.

MIT usage, especially common in the Assassins' Guild.

To punt by playing a game, usually twinkie games, also known as beer and pretzel games, or role-playing games. The term is sometimes also used to describe long discussions about technical points of such games or role-playing-related "No shit, there I was" stories. From the local slang twinkies, those who twink.

Twink (?), v. i. [OE. twinken. See Twinkle.]

To twinkle.

[Obs.]

 

© Webster 1913.


Twink (?), n.

1.

A wink; a twinkling.

[Obs.]

2. Zool.

The chaffinch.

[Prov. Eng.]

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.