To quote Tree Climbers International
Tree climbing is a place to be, as opposed to a thing to do.


The practice of climbing trees using technical equipment and skills similar to those used in rock climbing and caving. However, tree climbing is safer, easier, and more accessible (in most parts of the country) than any of the other climbing sports since there are usually more trees around than there are rock walls or caves.

Tree climbing is a wonderful activity. You can do it for exercise, for a beautiful view of whatever may be below you, or to simply clear your mind. I climb trees to get to a peaceful place i can think, read, write, even sleep. The tree is mine. I love it and it is my favorite place in the entire world. The tree helps me gain some perspective when everything for whatever reason has been blown out of proportion. It can bring me back down to earth or send me higher than the top of the universe (if there is a top, or an end for that matter, or a restaurant at said end.) The tree is with many low hanging branches a relatively easy climb. The branches are arranged in such a way that I can lie down and read myself to sleep with no fear of falling to the harsh unforgiving ground below. The tree and the area around it always has a fresh pleasant scent. That tree is perfect.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.