There are three toe jumps:

  • the toe loop

    In the toe loop, you go forwards on your right forward inside edge, and turn onto your right backwards outside edge. While doing this turn, you reach back with your left foot. Just as the turn is complete, you jam your left toe pick into the ice and leave the ice. While in the air, you turn around one time and land on your right backwards outside edge. This is the easiest of the three.

  • the flip

    The flip is kind of the convers of the toe loop. You start off going on your left forward outside edge, and turn onto your left backwards inside edge. When the turn is complete, you jam your right toe pick in the ice and turn around one time in the air. You land on your right backwards outside edge. This is the middle of three in regards to difficutly.

  • the Lutz

    This jump gets its name from the guy who invented it, unlike the other two. You start off going on your left backwards outisde edge and extend your right foot back. You vault off your right toe pick and turn around one time in the air. You land on your right backwards outside edge.

In all of the toe jumps, it should be noted that the toe pick only assists, and most of the power comes from the other leg.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.