Released on July 13, 2004, "The Spine" is the tenth full length album from the duo of John Flansburgh and John Linnell that collectively make up They Might Be Giants. It marks yet another collaboration between TMBG and longtime producer Patrick Dillett, who teamed previous on the band's previous efforts Mink Car, Factory Showroom, their live album and also produced "Dog On Fire" (The Daily Show theme), the Dr. Evil theme from "Austin Powers" (done by TMBG) and the Grammy winning "Boss of Me", the theme to Malcolm In The Middle.

"The Spine" was released at the same time as The Spine Surfs Alone EP, which contained seven more new songs from They Might Be Giants including "Fun Assassin" which features Spacehog drummer Jonny Cragg on vocals. It features two songs ("Memo To Human Resources" and "Au Contraire") from their Indestructible Object EP that was released earlier in the year.

The first single from the album is Experimental Film. The Brothers Chaps of Homestar Runner fame did the video for the song.

The tracklist is as follows:

1. Experimental Film
2. Spine
3. Memo to Human Resources
4. Wearing a Raincoat
5. Prevenge
6. Thunderbird
7. Bastard Wants to Hit Me
8. The World Before Later On
9. Museum of Idiots
10. It's Kickin' In
11. Spines
12. Au Contraire
13. Damn Good Times
14. Broke in Two
15. Stalk of Wheat
16. I Can't Hide From My Mind

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.