The Green Manalishi (Song)
Written by Peter Green prior to 1969, and performed by Fleetwood Mac, the Green Manalishi (with the two-pronged crown) is a seminal rock song. However, it didn't gain much popularity until it was covered by Judas Priest 10 years later, on their Hell Bent for Leather album.

It has been performed by Fleetwood Mac, Judas Priest, the Melvins, Electric Hellfire Club, Burning Inside, and innumerable Fleetwood Mac and Judas Priest cover bands.

Ironically, the Fleetwood Mac rendition is scads eerier and creepier than the Judas Priest version.

Lyrics
Now, when the day goes to sleep and the full moon looks
The night is so black that the darkness cooks
Don't you come creepin' around - makin' me do things I don't want to

Can't believe that you need my love so bad
Come sneakin' around tryin' to drive me mad
Bustin' in on my dreams - making me see things I don't wanna see

'Cause you're the Green Manalishi with the two prong crown
All my tryin' is up - all your bringin' is down
Just taking my love then slippin' away Leavin' me here just tryin' to keep from following you


The Green Manalishi (Cocktail)
My love of the color green, lime, mint, and the Judas Priest song is the inspiration for this semi-original cocktail. Really, it's nothing more than an amalgamation of the Gimlet and the Jewel of the Nile, but since none, to my knowledge, have done it before, I'm doing it.

This is best made with a gin such as Bombay Sapphire, as the spices and herbs which make up the flavor characteristics of it complement the 130 spices present in green Chartreuse. While lime and mint do not seem to be a natural pairing, they work quite well together, providing a refreshing taste sensation.

Ingredients:
Mixing instructions:
  1. Pour the liquor and juice into a shaker with the ice.
  2. Mix thoroughly. In fact, shake the shit out of it. Gin cannot be bruised.
  3. Strain into a cocktail glass.
  4. Decorate with mint.
Return to the Everything Bartender for another round!
Sources:
  • All Music Guide - http://www.allmusic.com/
  • Webtender - http://www.webtender.com/
  • Cocktailtime - http://www.cocktailtime.com/
  • My fucked up brain

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.