At my sister's wedding two weeks ago, one of my little cousins ran up to the head table and began to ask questions of the bridesmaids. I answered her questions with silly answers and another little cousin ran up to join in the fun. My other sister (not the bride) was sitting next to me.

"How come Vanessa is so tanned?"
because she eats toast.
"If you live in Arizona, how come you're so white?"
because I drink bleach.
"NO YOU DON'T!!" (giggles)
"When are you going to get married?"
My sister Vanessa tells them, "Jennifer's not going to get married. She's going to be the cat lady."

ha ha. It would be a lot funnier if I weren't actually afraid it was going to happen.

I have never been afraid of being the cat lady, living a life of relative solitude in patchwork sweaters in a sea of felines. It may have crossed my mind a few times in the past, but it isn't a real concern, nor is it something I would mind to be frank.

However, I have recently had a dream (half-nightmare really) that has made me insanely afraid of becoming a whole different breed of the lonely old woman - the rabbit lady. I've always had a soft spot for rabbits.

The dream consisted of me living in a large, primarily empty house, populated by myself and my five bunnies. Throughout the dream I would carry around the fifth of the five rabbits, who happened to be crippled (one paw had something wrong with it, and this made me terribly upset and sad throughout the whole dream, and i kept this particular bunny with me at all times).

What really scares me is that I can see this as a reality. I've had two rabbits so far, and I can see myself having others in the future. It's also a joke that I'll become the solitary, insane woman in the darkened house on the corner that is rife with cats. But now that I am awake, it's all terrificly funny.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.