In the summer of 2000, Walter Martin, Paul Maroon, Matt Barrick, Hamilton Leithauser and Peter Bauer formed the band The Walkmen. Martin, Maroon, and Barrick were originally members of Jonathan Fire Eater, and Leithauser and Bauer joined the band after a period spent with the Recoys. Then, they moved to New York, and, around the spring of 2000, The Walkmen rented some industrial space in Harlem and began to record their first music under their own label Marcata Records. Slightly more than one year later, in the summer of 2001, they released their first EP, simply titled "The Walkmen." Quickly after that, an eight-song vinyl was released. Finally, in March of 2002, The Walkmen released their first album, "Everyone Who Pretended to Like Me is Gone", under Startime International.

Currently, The Walkmen are touring the West Coast.

Discography

The Walkmen (EP)

  1. Wake Up
  2. We've Been Had
  3. The Crimps
  4. Summer Stage
8 Songs (Vinyl)
  1. Wake Up
  2. Rue the Day
  3. Don't Be Long
  4. Stop Talking
  5. We've Been Had
  6. Pictures of Us
  7. Revenge Wears no Wristwatch
  8. I'm Never bored
Everyone Who Pretended to Like Me is Gone
  1. They're Winning
  2. Wake Up
  3. Everyone Who Pretended to Like Me is Gone
  4. Revenge Wears no Wristwatch
  5. The Blizzard of '96
  6. French Vacation
  7. Stop Talking
  8. We've Been Had
  9. Roll Down the Line
  10. That's the Punchline
  11. It Should Take a While
  12. Rue the Day
  13. I'm Never Bored

You may recognize their song "We've Been Had" from the new Saturn Ion commercial that is currently airing on television.

For more information on The Walkmen, visit their website at:
http://www.marcata.net/walkmen/

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.