A cross between telephone
, this party game
requires a large (preferably odd
) number of people, again, odd ones are better, (11 seems to be best). Supplies:
* Alternatively, you can play to the left. If you play several games, you should mix up the seating arrangements and direction of play.
- Each player writes a phrase or sentence on the first page of their pad. These should not be gibberish, but are not restricted to well-known memes. When complete, each player hands the pad to their right*.
- Each player takes the new pad, and reads the sentence on it. Flipping to a new page, they draw an interpretation of the sentence. When complete, hand the pads to the right, with only the new picture visible.
- Each player takes the pad, and looks at the picture. Flip to a new page, and write a phrase or sentence that best captures the picture. Pass to the right.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 until the pad returns to its originator.
- In turn, each player reads aloud the sequence of interpretations on their pad.
Note that certain memes are nearly lossless: Nazis, devils, sex Godzilla (sometimes loses to a gecko, people in crowns, elvis. Once these enter a pad, they usually will not leave. YMMV.
This game is also known as eat poop you cat, and may have ancestry in exquisite corpse.