1 lb ground pork
1 bunch scallions
1 cup slliced water chestnuts
1/2 cup bread crumbs
2 teaspoons (low sodium) soy sauce
2 teaspooons ginger root, minced
freshly ground white pepper
4 tablespoons peanut oil
1 cup unbleached white flour
6 cups (homemade) chicken stock or 2 13-oz cans of chicken broth, with enough water added to make 6 cups
sweet and sour sauce
- Combine the first seven ingredients in a large bowl.
- Wet hands and form into 1 inch balls.
- Heat 2 teaspoons peanut oil in a skillet.
- Put flour on a plate and roll meatballs through. Shake off excess.
- Heat meatballs in skillet, and shake it around so they cook evenly. Add more oil as necessary.
- At this point you can refrigerate meatballs for up to six hours.
- Heat chicken stock in a large saucepan.
- Drop in meatballs; cook for 20 minutes.
- Place on a warmed platter.